Monday, August 22, 2011

A Definitional Conundrum

I've been working on the accent wall for the living room today.  But is it an accent wall if there is only one wall in the living room?  Or is it just what the living room wall(s) are?  I just don't know.  I think I will continue to call it an accent wall because it sounds more festive than just "the wall".

Anyhoodle mcdoodle.  I am going to leave the accent wall as a surprise for now.  I think its going to turn out awesome. (Obviously, or I would not do it.)  But for a hint.  Martha Stewart is either a mind reader or a total copy cat.  She has something similar in the current issue of MSL that just arrived.  I cannot hold it against her though, because she's Martha and she's amazing.

In case you do not get MSL I thought I would share a few tidbits from my favorite section of the magazine: Martha's Month.  Here are some of Martha's suggestions as to what you should accomplish in the month of September:

  • edit your summer photos and make a scrapbook
  • plant your annuals for spring
  • clean your washing machine
"But Martha, what about apple picking?" you may be saying.  Not to fear, she has covered this as well.  She knows you would never do anything so pedestrian as buying apples at the grocery store, but do not just show up at your local orchard.  The horror!  She suggests you call ahead and find out which specific days during the month will be best to pick your favorite varieties.  You may have to go the orchard several times during the month, but I guess it's worth it.  Can you imagine being her child?  Terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment